Thursday 10 February 2011

Final Major Project

for my final major project i was told to choose an aspect of animation that interested me and try to make an animation that would be focused in the chosen area.  As a result I chose to focus on the character modelling side,   I decided I wanted to play on the saying "as blind as a bat"  so i came up with the idea of superhero bat that was always failing because he was blind.


INITIAL CHARACTER DESIGNS
during this phase it was important for me, to make sure I made the right decision when choosing the design to further develop as the character design and modelling was my main focus.  the above pictures range from actually observational drawings of bats to initial designs.   My first concepts were setting me off in the wrong directions as I was trying to create  more humanoid bat, I was then able to come up with a softer design that was a lot more bat like then previous attempts.

FINAL CHARACTER DESIGN NORMAL VERSION


FINAL CHARACTER DESIGN SUPER HERO VERSION



DESIGN INFLUENCES
The above picture is a collage of some of the character and design influences I researched in order to find a character that would be right for my animation   


RENDERS FROM THE FINAL ANIMATION


BREAK DOWN OF THE ZERO TO HERO PROCESS


RENDER OF BAT








No comments:

Post a Comment